Udisk problem ? (was Re: K3B strangeness)

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 20:03:09 CEST 2014

previously on this list Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI contributed:

> and it wont look at them because they now no longer correspond to what
> is on file for the UUID; but I wish I could mount them without having
> first to go ad reformat them on the wife's Windows box...

To my knowledge those things shouldn't be happening, you are replugging
after dd? Try the udisks list as we are abusing the xfce list. I don't
use udisks or polkit on any of my systems as I prefer finer grained user
control of sudo and well written task specific priv sep as a finer
grained approach to polkits functions.

You may have success with usbmount or udevil as udisks replacements
with spacefm, gkrellm or the xfce mountplugin as gui interfaces.

With these I can mount ufs in the required mode automatically or
be extremely accurate in what I want to allow very easily, none of
which I believe you can do with udisks.

If you can't remove udisks due to other programs you want to use
depending on it you would probably need to remove udisk files
from /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services as LAST_ACTION has unfortunately
been removed from udev which could have allowed you to bypass udisks
for a particular device easily. Otherwise your problem may persist.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)

because whilst 'apropos' is traditionally the most powerful command on
Unix-like systems it's 'modern' replacement 'apropos' on Linux is a tool
to help psychopaths learn to control their anger.

(Kevin Chadwick)