Orage - repeating event question

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Mar 28 13:58:24 CET 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 02:22:00PM +0200, Juha wrote:
> Not really.
>
> Orage only sends one alarm. It does not keep the alarm active.

Ah, yes, but I have an application which shows upcoming events in my
xfce panel.  I just use the calendar program to add/delete/change
events.

> For example if your birthday is March 30 and you define alarm 1 day
> before the event, you will get alarm on 29 March. And if your event
> is yearly repeating (like it should be for birthdays) you will get
> next alarm again next year 29 March. If you use Orage default
> visible alarm, you can activate another reminder form that alarm
> window when you get the reminder, but that is just another reminder.
> .

Useless IMHO, I need more than one reminder to do something!  :-)

That's why I wrote my little app to display a reminder in the panel
until I explicitly clear it.

> There is no way of clearing previous occerrencies. (You could change
> the start time, which would basically do that.)

I guess changing the start time might be all I need, that's how
Reminderfox does it I think.

--
Chris Green