The future of Xfce (or beating the Gtk3 horse to death)

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Wed Mar 20 16:39:07 CET 2013

On 19/03/13 10:36 AM, houghi wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 09:42:44AM -0700, Ray Andrews wrote:
>> The single biggest thing keeping Linux from 'taking over' is this
>> sort of fragmentation.
> Who cares if Linux (or XFCE) takes over? I certainly do not care. Like you
> said: we are not selling a product here. So I do not care if Windows dies
> or not.
> Although on one side I would be happy, on the other side it means that
> something even more evil will have replaced it.
Well, you said it yourself, M$ is evil and millions of people are
enslaved to it. So I for one care very much how much power they have.  I
think most of us do.  Can something more evil replace them? It's a thing
to be concerned about, of course, but I'd say no, the age of the
monopoly is over.  The sad thing is that even as the Empire crumbles,
imperial thinking (as with Gnome) infects Linux.