The future of Xfce (or beating the Gtk3 horse to death)

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Wed Mar 20 17:25:36 CET 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 08:39:07AM -0700, Ray Andrews wrote:
> Well, you said it yourself, M$ is evil and millions of people are
> enslaved to it. So I for one care very much how much power they
> have.  I think most of us do.  Can something more evil replace them?
> It's a thing to be concerned about, of course, but I'd say no, the
> age of the monopoly is over.  The sad thing is that even as the
> Empire crumbles, imperial thinking (as with Gnome) infects Linux.

More evil then Microsoft? I am thinking Apple. I am thinking Google. I am
thinking Facebook.

They are not monopolies, but they are more evil.

Microsoft only wanted to have our money. Now money is not enough anymore.
They want our privacy. They do not even want to sell us anything, they
want to sell us a licence and tell us what to do.

houghi
--
I do not want life insurance.
I want all people to be genuinely grieving when I die.

							houghi