Lock/Unlock screen with cell phone

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Fri Mar 15 15:10:27 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:15:49AM +0100, Xavier Naveira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using a little script to lock my screen when I go away and unlock it when I
> get back by detecting the proximity of my bluetooth enabled phone.
>
> This is a very simple script and it is probably a very dirty approach, take a
> look if you are interested and feel free to suggest improvements or send a pull
> request.
>
> https://github.com/xnaveira/DetectPhone

The last time I looked into this it was something that not only looked if
the device was available, but also how strong the signal was.
Because of this you were able to set the strength at have it lock when
you were away from you desk, but still close enough to get the signal.
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/18684.html

And there also is http://blueproximity.sourceforge.net/

Be sure to read
http://sourceforge.net/projects/blueproximity/forums/forum/724285/topic/3747976
as well.

houghi
--
You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of
sight and  sound but of mind.  A journey into a  wondrous land of