Whisker Menu an alternate application launcher for Xfce

Graeme Gott graeme at gottcode.org
Wed Jun 26 01:42:56 CEST 2013

On 06/25/2013 05:46 PM, Maximilien Noal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Very good plugin. It reminds me of KDE4's Kick Off Menu or Windows XP /
> Windows 7 Start Menu.
> The favorites and the (very quick) search field are very useful.
>
> There are still some minor bugs, however :
> I don't seem to have the icons of my Wine applications, and no
> localization.
> Also it displays "Unknown" at the bottom. Is this text meant to display
> my hostname ?
>
> Regards,
> Max

I'm glad you like it!

Does it not show an icon at all, or does it just show Wine's icon?
Either way, do you know where the .desktop file is for those launchers?
It would be helpful to know what the value of the icon field is.

The released version does not have any localization files. However,
several translations have been provided after I made the release and the
next version will be translated into (so far) German, Hebrew,
Indonesian, Italian, Romanian, Spanish, and Turkish.

The "Unknown" is supposed to be your user's name but you have not set a
real name, and the plugin does not yet fall back to your username. The
next bugfix release will show your username if you have not set a real name.

Cheers,
Graeme