Whisker Menu an alternate application launcher for Xfce

Maximilien Noal noal.maximilien at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 23:46:13 CEST 2013

Le 21/06/2013 14:17, Genghis Khan a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Today, I have read the ATOM syndication feed of Graeme Gott[0], who is
> usually developing Qt applications, and, to my surprise, an Xfce (GTK+)
> software has been published[1].
>
> [0]: http://gottcode.org/feed.atom
> [1]: http://gottcode.org/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin/

<snip>

Hello,

Very good plugin. It reminds me of KDE4's Kick Off Menu or Windows XP /
Windows 7 Start Menu.
The favorites and the (very quick) search field are very useful.

There are still some minor bugs, however :
I don't seem to have the icons of my Wine applications, and no localization.
Also it displays "Unknown" at the bottom. Is this text meant to display
my hostname ?

Regards,
Max