Putting apps on the header bar.

Stephen P. Molnar s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 1 23:06:06 CEST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: xfce-bounces at xfce.org [mailto:xfce-bounces at xfce.org] On Behalf Of john
Culleton
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013 4:32 PM
To: xfce at xfce.org
Subject: Re: Putting apps on the header bar.

On Sat, 1 Jun 2013 13:17:40 -0400
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> Currently my XFCE displays two information bars, a short one at the
> foot of the window with six apps shown and a long one at the top that
> has the "K" symbol for dropping down the apps menu and submenus. This
> top bar also has icons for the four desktops I run. Active
> apps are also shown. Now I want to add some frequently used apps to
> one bar or the other. Thus far I have failed in this attempt. I got
> as far as selecting the app launcher but it never appeared on either
> information bar.
>
> Hints?

OK found out how to do that, the hard way. I wiped out my bar by
accident. Now I have it rebuilt and have put multiple icons on it.

Two that I am missing because I don't know their names:
1. The thingie that displays all the apps currently running.
2. The thingie that shows all my desktops and lets me switch to a new
one with a click.

1.  Task Manager

2.  Workplace switcher

--