Midori Browser: no UI to disable SPDY protocol or other "about:config" tweaks...

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Tue Jul 23 17:06:25 CEST 2013

Am 23.07.2013 16:31, schrieb Fernando Cassia:
> I'm using Fedora 19 XFCE. I find it extremely irritating to see the
> Preferences screen in the Midori browser does not include apparently
> any UI for tweaking internal preferences, like disabling the SPDY
> protocol, which causes lots of nuisances and hassle (specially with
> twitter). On Firefox, I just go to about:config, type "SPDY" in the
> search bar, and uncheck (disable) everything related to SPDY.
>
> On Midori browser, I don't know how to do that...

The answer to that is surprisingly simple: SPDY is not supported and
that's why there's no way to disable it.

It's in general possible to access a few webkit settings in the config
file directly. Alas most of these require reading of the API docs to
make sense of. If you find something that is missing you're welcome to
file it as a feature request https://bugs.launchpad.net/midori/+filebug
is your friend.

ciao,
    Christian