Midori Browser: no UI to disable SPDY protocol or other "about:config" tweaks...

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Fri Jul 26 13:25:39 CEST 2013

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 17:06:25 +0200
Christian Dywan <christian at twotoasts.de> wrote:

> Am 23.07.2013 16:31, schrieb Fernando Cassia:
> > I'm using Fedora 19 XFCE. I find it extremely irritating to see the
> > Preferences screen in the Midori browser does not include apparently
> > any UI for tweaking internal preferences, like disabling the SPDY
> > protocol, which causes lots of nuisances and hassle (specially with
> > twitter). On Firefox, I just go to about:config, type "SPDY" in the
> > search bar, and uncheck (disable) everything related to SPDY.
> >
> > On Midori browser, I don't know how to do that...

What does SPDY do and how come it causes to anything with Midori?

The registered protocols for Midori are http, https and geo.
(see MimeType at /usr/share/applications/midori.desktop)

> The answer to that is surprisingly simple: SPDY is not supported and
> that's why there's no way to disable it.
>
> It's in general possible to access a few webkit settings in the config
> file directly. Alas most of these require reading of the API docs to
> make sense of. If you find something that is missing you're welcome to
> file it as a feature request
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/midori/+filebug is your friend.

Is it possible to disable SPDY via XDG preferences?

Proper English www.reddit.com/r/proper
4 teh lulz... http://email.is-not-s.ms