GUI password changer

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Wed Apr 24 16:17:55 CEST 2013

Quoting Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:

> I recommend to stay away from GNOME crap when ever possible.

Hear, hear!

> IMO for this task the command line anyway is more comfortable.

Yes, but if I can help it I would rather not subject the users to the
dark place. I would rather not assume that they even understand the
concept of "<Enter>" -- only of clicking "OK".

> However, did you already test, if gnome-system-tools does
> support changing the password?

You disappoint me, Ralf. I'm quite determined to follow your own
advice and stay away from that "GNOME crap". :-)

Besides, on the workstations at my site, installing gnome-system-tools
would mean that 217 dependencies would come with it (119 MB of
archives, 342 MB of additional disk space). I'll write something
myself before I install all that.

> Why not running a script by a launcher?

Because I was hoping for something like "Menu > Settings > User Accounts".

Cheers,

Jaap