PPS: GUI password changer

Lili-Anne Girard liliannegirard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 15:12:36 CEST 2013

2013/4/25 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:
> OT:
>
> If I've got more time, I'll search for another desktop environment. I
> don't like some of the Xfce developers policies and I'm not alone, I've
> got the impression, that many people will drop Xfce soon. For me the
> latest deciding reason is gvfs, since it does damage USB HDDs that
> fulfil EU regulations. I removed it and wrote scripts to mount devices,
> but when I mentioned this issue at the developers list I got an ignorant
> and abusive reply.

What are you waiting for? Stop complaining and get involved or do us a
favor and stop using Xfce right now! Xfce uses gvfs to have less code
to maintain because of a lack of manpower so if GNOME gvfs is buggy
and does things wrong, why not complaining to gvfs(GNOME) folks?

> I've got a nice history of dropping DEs. When KDE 3 became 4 I switched
> to GNOME 2. As soon as GNOME 2 became 3 I switched to Xfce. I tested all
> kinds of DEs, WMs and even a tiling window manager.

So, you left GNOME 2 because of GNOME 3, not because of the EU regulations?

And of course, I'm not an Xfce dev, only a user a little tired of your
childishness!

--
lili