Is there a youtube-dl Panel plugine?

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Fri Nov 23 21:41:17 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 02:39:09PM -0500, Genghis Khan wrote:
> Download Videos
> ---------------
> Which quality and format do you prefer?
>
> You can save this script into a file and drag and drop to it video links
>
> #!/bin/bash
> youtube-dl $1 -f 5
>
> This script will download lowest quality video to home directory.

I have made a file that (for now) just says
#!/bin/bash
echo youtube-dl $1 >> /tmp/tube.txt

I then do a `tail -f /tmp/tube.txt` to see what happens.
I have added a launcher to my panel pointing to the program `yt`.
When I drag a URL I see the following
line added to /tmp/tube.txt
youtube-dl

So it seems it does not see the $1 valaue and does nothing with the URL.
When I run the script from a terminal, it works.

Some more searching brought me to `yt %u`

So now it works. Thanks for the pointer.

houghi
--
For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I
have good luck and write better than I can.