External sources

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 17:55:25 CET 2012

On 19/11/12 13:31, hha4491 wrote:
> Hi Neil,
>> Well, I have plugged in an external hard drive as an example. Yes an
>> icon appears on the desktop. If I right click on the icon
> to open I left click
>
>> are Open which shows me the contents, Eject volume which brings up a
>> warning that there is data to be written to the device.
> I've seen that very rarely, never after doing nothing.
> How about USB sticks?

I have had a try with a USB stick. Again it was mounted automatically.
Right click gave me the same messages and warning. There does not seem
to be anything that I can use to run any updates on the stick and then
to tell me it is safe to remove it.

Perhaps Xfce does not need that, it is all done automatically for me.
But there is no way of telling.

Neil