Thunar and the delay unmounting USB memory

Sun Nov 18 21:32:47 CET 2012

Hi

Is there a way to change the timeout delay Thunar uses for unmounting
USB units? Trying to copy big files to USB I run into problems using
Thunar and unmounting the USB memory stick, I get an unmount failure
during the data copying. (If I wait, the data is still written, but
without giving any clue on when it is done writing - and because of
this a great chance of physically removing the device before the data
is actually written.)

I get the following error, way before the copying is done:

> Failed unmounting 'Devicename'
> "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
> application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
> blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
> connection was broken."

See my original thread on the Debian-User mailinglist:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/11/msg00758.html and the