[thunar-archive-plugin] good peazip.tap file, but can't create archives

Maximilien Noal noal.maximilien at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 00:35:07 CET 2012

Hello,

I installed the archive manager peazip, and removed my previous archive
manager (file-roller). I created the executable text file peazip.tap in
/usr/lib/xfce4/thunar-archive-plugin, which contains the following :

#!/bin/sh
# determine the action and the folder, "$@" then contains only the files
action=$1; shift;
folder=$1; shift;

# check the action
case $action in
create)
        exec peazip -add2archive "$@"
        ;;

extract-here)
        exec peazip "-ext2here" "$@"
        ;;

extract-to)
        exec peazip -ext2to "$@"
        ;;

*)
        echo "Unsupported action '$action'" >&2
        exit 1
esac

All the actions work in Thunar, except for the create action : it says
that no archive manager were found.

Now, if I understand correctly the thunar-archive-plugin README file, it
says:
- the basename should be the same (OK :
/usr/share/applications/peazip.desktop <->
/usr/lib/xfce4/thunar-archive-plugin/peazip.tap)

- the .desktop file should contain all the necessary MIME types. That
seems OK to me (see attached peazip.desktop file)

- be sure to run "update-desktop-database $prefix/share/applications" (I
assume that pacman already did it. I did "sudo update-desktop-database
/usr/share/applications/". No errors were reported, but it changed nothing).

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, everything seems OK to me. The create
action works fine in a terminal instance.

Can someone please tell me what am I missing ?

Regards,
Max