ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.5.2 released

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 07:01:06 CET 2012

Good Morning:

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Nick Schermer <nick at xfce.org> wrote:
> thunar 1.5.2 is now available for download from
>
>   http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.5/Thunar-1.5.2.tar.bz2
>   http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.5/Thunar-1.5.2.tar.bz2.md5
>   http://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.5/Thunar-1.5.2.tar.bz2.sha1

Can this be built on Debian wheezy?  Does anybody have a Debian
package made up already?

I appear to be in dependency hell with libexo-1.

checking for exo-1 >= 0.9.0... found, but 0.6.2
*** The required package exo-1 was found on your system,
*** but the installed version (0.6.2) is too old.
*** Please upgrade exo-1 to atleast version 0.9.0, or adjust
*** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed
*** the new version of the package in a nonstandard prefix so
*** pkg-config is able to find it.

If I compile a newer exo, will everything else in XFCE4 break?

I went to find out on the thunar page, where it points to a
Documentation Wiki that is empty:

http://thunar.xfce.org/wiki/

pj
--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science      Assoc. Director