Nepomuk and Akonadi

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 22:56:02 CET 2012

> if you really want a completely bloat free xfce then Archlinux +xfce is the
> way to go ...
> user has absolute control....

That's totally misleading, especially without hacks like dummy
packages if you wish to block packages which aren't supported or avoid
the rediculous dependency problem. On arch your actually at upstreams
whim but it does give you an empty base to work on, if that's what you
mean by control?!

If you want absolute control, that is Gentoo's remit and if you don't
want to build many packages which is why I avoided Gentoo, there is
Sabayon with binary packages yet all the power of Gentoo and which I am
planning to move from Arch to, the impetus was arch moving to systemd
but actually Sabayon offers a lot more like hardened packages. It has
the added bonus of not needing to be fixed manually 20 times a year with
unpredictable root commands (check the arch news page) and don't
believe all the elitist hype about arch, though I do quite like arch.
Sabayon also has a WIP XFCE version and an amasingly colourful terminal
package manager as well as gui ports and binary package clients :-)

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)