Nepomuk and Akonadi

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Wed Nov 14 20:42:19 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 02:24:09PM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:
> I run Debian SID, I have GNOME, KDE, LXDE, OpenBox, XFCE, WindowMaker
> and a couple of others installed on my desktop and laptop machines.

I run openSUSE. During installation instead of KDE or GNOME I select other
and then XFCE (DVD version or Network version).

> I can at login, select *ANY* of these desktops when I login. XFCE
> happens to be my default. I only run a couple of GNOME programs...
> (Evolution and Pidgin as I can't be asked to move to something else).

I have XFCE as default as well. I do not have KDE or GNOME as desktops,
but I do run KDE and GNOME programs. openSUSE sees that all things that I
need are installed for GNOME and KDE programs. For some programs that is a
LOT.

> You also must realize, that with Ubuntu, you don't have to "REINSTALL"
> to get a different desktop... you just have to add the packages you need
> to get the Desktop you want.
>
> Same goes for most every Desktop Linux out there, unless they are
> dedicated to one and ONE *ONLY*.

Full ACK. Adding might be better and then just select what you want to
run.

houghi
--
Dr. Walter Gibbs: Won't that be grand? Computers and the programs
will start thinking and the people will stop.