Name of xfce display switcher

Peggy Kutyla peggy.kutyla at laposte.net
Thu Nov 8 09:24:09 CET 2012

Le 07/11/2012 09:56, Boris Hollas a écrit :
> On 07.11.2012 09:05, Peggy Kutyla wrote:
>> Or you could try to bind a shortcut with a script like this :
>
> I've used xrandr before, but it doesn't tell xfce to resize windows

A maximized window on an external 1024x768 screen automatically switch
in a maximized window on my 1280x768 laptop screen (size and position)
tested with xfce Terminal and firefox.
A non-maximized window stay non maximized ; Thunar switch from one
screen to the other, Terminal not really : it appear only less than 1 cm
of the window but you can grab it.

> and to change the panel position

You could use xfconf-query
xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p /panels/panel-0/output-name -s LVDS-1 for
example and add it to the script
I did it.

. So when switching from my large external monitor to
>  my laptop LCD it happens that panel an window buttons aren't visible.

You may use the maximize window shortcut (default alt+F10) to resize
your window.

> Also, I have to switch to the laptop LCD before I undock, otherwise I
> have a blank screen, so I can't see the dialog that pops up when
> pressing fn+f7. Gnome 2 used to switch automatically.

Sorry, no idea for that.
or perhaps...
You could modify the script so when you press the fn+F7 it test the
external screen presence and execute the laptop only screen function

--
  ,,,
 (  °>  ennoia at laposte.net
 ( / )  Linux Registered User 328488