Dark themes

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Fri May 4 18:35:58 CEST 2012

FYI - here's how I've been able to configure my XFCE system for a nice
dark theme throughout.  (See:
http://www.darose.net/DaroseDesktop2011-09.png)

* Created a custom dark color scheme in KDE
(http://www.darose.net/Dark-Blue-Grey-Dave9.kcsrc), and set that as my
KDE colors.

* In qtconfig, set my GUI Style to Oxygen.

* Installed Oxygen GTK, and set that as my active Style in XFCE
settings, in the Appearance tab.

* Made a few other little color tweaks to specific apps (e.g.,
konqueror) and panel applets (Orage clock) as needed.

HTH,

DR