Dark themes

olaf olaf.lamout at gmail.com
Fri May 4 11:58:23 CEST 2012

Hello,

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Marton Balazs <balmar3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder if you think instructions on font colors for e.g. Weather
> applet and Upgrade-Manager in Albatross, and for e.g. Firefox in
> Xfce-dusk can be put in the theme itself for future versions.

I take this opportunity to indicate similar problems arise with
Eclipse, when using Greybird theme. Especially the "Editor dropdown"
and the "Quick outline" have dark grey background and the font is
slightly less dark grey, making it difficult to read.

I tried to fix things by setting specific values into a
/usr/share/themes/greybird/gtk-2.0/apps/eclipse.rc file but I ran into
my own ignorance of Gtk theming. I was not able to find the name of
the widget to set values to, even with Gtk Parasite.

I am aware that it has nothing to do with Xfce (assuming Greybird is
not part of Xfce), but if anyone has some good advice on how to
proceed when you want to fix some atrributes of a specific GTK widget,
it can help me.

Thanks,
flg