Linus, Gnome 3, and *lots* of Xfce comments

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 20:18:47 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Ray Andrews <rayandrews at eastlink.ca> wrote:
> On 07/06/12 09:49 AM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
>> On 05.06.2012, Maximilien Noal wrote:
>>> PS: Linus is back on Gnome 3 now, but bashes it ? Why change, then ?
>>> I'm a little confused.
>>
>> I don't care what desktop Linus is using. XFCE has all I need, and
>> works flawlessly. In short: it's perfect for me.
>>
> As for me, I still don't know what it is that I'm supposed to be missing.

I would like to echo that. I'm always surprised when people complain
that Xfce is not as featureful as Gnome 2. What features do they miss?
Its rigidity? Although I agree that Gnome 2 comes with more and more
actively developed *non-core* apps than Xfce (Evince, etc.), but one
can readily use those apps under Xfce.

Liviu