ANNOUNCE: xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.0 released

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Mon Jul 30 13:02:24 CEST 2012

Is there a way to combine more than one service?

Area(s)            | Service Provider
-------------------+-----------------
Africa             | API or Library W
Asia               | API or Library X
Europe             | API or Library Y
UK, US & Australia | API or Library Z

et cetera...

See a pro decentralization message below.

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 12:24:35 +0200
houghi <houghi at houghi.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 11:54:15AM +0200, Harald Judt wrote:
> > Personally, I wouldn't care about that. What else do they get except
> > your IP and information about how often you've downloaded weather
> > data? So maybe they know when you're online and that you're
> > interested in weather conditions (who isn't?). Yes, they might
> > combine that data with other they have if you're using other of
> > their services.
>
> This is enough for me to not want it. They already know so much.
> Giving them even more while it can be avoided is a big no-no for me.

I agree with Houghi. They (who are not worth to be mentioned) are
THE REASON (and it is only a sole reason) that I use Tor to send emails.
Get rid of them and I am stopping from using Tor with emails.

Send an email to someone under their services.
 * They have your Email address with *your* IP attached to it.

Get an IM message to a video website under their control and enter it.
 * They have your IP.

Cross the information (IP and IP + Email)
 * Call to the Israeli government to arrest you for viewing this pro
 anti killing of Palestinians video (let our Mossad controlled
 opposition groups to have their "free minded speech" not for people
 who we don't know).

 This actually happened in reality to clients of an office which the
 office, where I did my internship, is a partner with. Eventually,
 nothing happened to this group of IDF veterans since our Lawyers
 were much better than the ones of the illiterate ones of our clumsy
 state ;-)

My Email address is not a video uploading website account. Period.

Centralization of information and control is endangering freedom and us.

I do not use AIM, ICQ, MSN, YIM.
* I use IRC and Jabber/XMPP.
http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~bo92cafu/im.html
http://wwwcip.cs.fau.de/~bo92cafu/im.html

I do not use MySpace, Facebook.
* I use DIASPORA* and Friendica.
https://fsf.org/fb

I do not use Skype.
* I use SIP, IHU, Mumble.

Do not comply or participate with them.
http://identi.ca/group/googlefree
http://privacyalternatives.wikispaces.com/

Decentralization is matter for our freedoms and progress.
So far, look at the mess that BitTorrent (I guess that it is more of DHT
and PEX, which are somewhat independent peer discovery methods) has
caused to the ruling classes in the globe.

If someone in a great position of power of any country or territory is
reading this, please censor the Internet, please throttle BitTorrent,
Gnutella, eD2k and other P2P traffic to a level of making them unusable
on our planet, because then we would make other protocols, we will
encrypt traffic more and you will lose more power and more control.

--
Proper English www.reddit.com/r/proper
4 teh lulz... http://email.is-not-s.ms