ANNOUNCE: xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.0 released

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Jul 29 12:24:35 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 11:54:15AM +0200, Harald Judt wrote:
> Personally, I wouldn't care about that. What else do they get except
> your IP and information about how often you've downloaded weather
> data? So maybe they know when you're online and that you're
> interested in weather conditions (who isn't?). Yes, they might
> combine that data with other they have if you're using other of
> their services.

This is enough for me to not want it. They already know so much. Giving
them even more while it can be avoided is a big no-no for me.

> But there will be no ads shown, no cookies saved,
> and you don't have to pay for it. You're just downloading an XML
> page regularly. Any other provider you use will gain that kind of
> information too.

Yes, others will gain the same information, but without the ability to
crossreference everything. Remember that Google is a copmany that sells
advertisement to companies.

I feel better when the data goes to a company that sells weather and not
one where I am the product and everything I do is interconnected.

houghi
--
Remind me to write an article on the compulsive reading of news. The
theme will be that most neuroses can be traced to the unhealthy habit