Menu editor

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Jul 1 09:59:08 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 11:35:30AM -0700, Sergio wrote:
> > When I right click on the Application
> > Menu, I am able to edit some parts
> > of it. However the Run, About and Log Out are not there.
> > Where can I find
> > them, so I can edit the Run to `xfrun4 -r`?
> >

> cp /usr/share/applications/xfce4-run.desktop to ~/.local/share/applications/ and edit its Exec key.

Thanks. It seems that it launches `xfce-appfinder --colapsed` and not
xfrun.

This brings about another thing and the reason why I started looking in
the first place. When I start `xfce-appfinder --colapsed` in a DISPLAY,
e.g. DISPLAY=:0.0, it will always start there. This is very annoying when
you right click on the menu and you are on DISPLAY=:0.1 or DISPLAY=:0.2

So I looked further and saw that if I did not start it collapsed, I would
see the preferences and there I had to disable the running of an instance
in the background.

> > As an aside, how can I lauch the menu editor directly?
> >

> I don't even knew there was a menu editor for Xfce lately. Maybe your distribution ships some related app for that (like lxmed).

Did some more searching and it is called `alacarte`. This brought me to
/etc/xdg/menus/xfce-applications.menu

So even though you have not realy answerd my questions, yo have seen that
I was able to find solutions and that is the most importand part, I think.

Thank you very much for that.

houghi
--
If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem.
If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem.