Many Updates To Xfce - Will xubuntu 11.10 Update To Them?

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 14 13:37:01 CET 2012

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:32:51 +0200
Mișu Moldovan wrote:

>> I would argue that Gentoo is closer to the spirit of BSD.

If you could, I'd be interested if you could explain why Gentoo is
closer to BSD than Arch?

Is it just because FreeBSD encourages building, BSD in general doesn't.

> Don't want to derail this discussion so I will stop at pointing out
> that Gentoo also supports binary packages

Sorry to continue the derailment but I was under the impression that
Gentoo only provides binary packages for a few large programs like
office and firefox. Is it possible to run hardened Gentoo without
compiling?

Making this mail even slighlty xfce related, xfce is great but
xfces mixer and pulseaudio don't work with the grsecurity kernel patch.
So I'm using gnome-mixer with Alsa on xfce.

--
Kc