Thunar upgrade

Maximilien Noal noal.maximilien at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:02:19 CET 2012

Le 03/12/2012 16:36, Neil Winchurst a écrit :
> I saw the announcement that Thunar has now reached version 1.6.0. So I
> checked, as I am running Xubuntu 12.04 LTS, and my versions is 1.2.3
> which seems quite old now.
>
> Two questions. This version works fine for me, so is there any point
> in upgrading?
Maybe because of the new features ? (like tabs)

There is a PPA for Xfce 4.10 for Xubuntu 12.04 by the Xubuntu team.
There is also an *experimental* PPA by the Xubuntu team containing Xfce
4.12, which should contain Thunar 1.6.

On Ubuntu 12.04, you need to install both if you want the Xfce 4.12 PPA.

> Secondly, since Thunar is the main file manager fo4 Xubuntu, why don't
> I get upgrades in the normal way?

The software repositories for Precise (= *buntu 12.04) contain Xfce
4.8.3, and Thunar (with exo) is as old.