Thunar upgrade

Silvio Knizek killermoehre at gmx.net
Mon Dec 3 17:06:20 CET 2012

1. read the changelogs if there is sone feature update worthy
2. you use a stable release distribution, that means you only get the software your distributor assumes as stable plus security patches. If you want bleeding edge software use another distribution.

Regards

Neil Winchurst <neilwin at drofle.co.uk> schrieb:

I saw the announcement that Thunar has now reached version 1.6.0. So I
checked, as I am running Xubuntu 12.04 LTS, and my versions is 1.2.3
which seems quite old now.

Two questions. This version works fine for me, so is there any point in
upgrading?

Secondly, since Thunar is the main file manager fo4 Xubuntu, why don't I
get upgrades in the normal way?

Just wondering,

Thanks

Neil