ANNOUNCE: xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.0 released

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Tue Aug 7 19:15:57 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 03:17:22PM +0200, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:
> > 1) Do nothing and leave things as they are. Some improvements are still
> > possible, so let's get the best out of it.
> > 2) Wait for openweathermap.org growing and improving. This does not conflict
> > with 1). Maybe in a year things look different?
> > 3) Someone checks and proposes another provider who has acceptable terms of
> > usage and supports locations world-wide.
> >
> To my surprise the DDG Q&A contact sent me a different suggestion:
> Yahoo! Weather RSS Feed [1].
> [1] http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/
>
> An example of their API use:
> To get the forecast for Paris, France, use the WOEID 615702:
> http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?w=615702

Downside here is that your forecast is 2 days, unless there is a way to
see more. Advantage might be that is is well documented.

For me forecast is of higher importance then current weather.

I like to see what the waether is going to be the weekend.

houghi
--
Listen do you hear them drawing near in their search for the sinners?
Feeding on the power of our fear and the evil within us.