desktop popup menu takes forever to appear

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 07:28:10 CEST 2011

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Lonni J Friedman <netllama at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm a long time XFCE user (going all the way back to the 1.x days).
> I've spent a chunk of timing looking through the list archives for
> someone else reporting this problem, and found nothing.
>
> I've been upgrading my various systems from Fedora14 to Fedora15, and
> in every case, the time to render the desktop popup menu (right
> clicking on the desktop) takes many seconds (from 3 to as many as 8
> seconds).

I'm not sure what's wrong. Have you tried disabling the icons in
properties? This may help. Also, do you see the same behaviour when
enabling 'show applications' in Desktop Settings?

In any case, I suppose that this is an issue local to Fedora since I
haven't noticed such issues in either 4.6 nor 4.8. (Although I never
used the latest bleeding edge versions.)
Liviu

> The menu appeared instantaneously in Fedora14.  What I've
> noticed in Fedora15, is that immediately after clicking the right
> mouse button, I see the disk getting hit hard, as if the menu content
> is getting (re)generated from scratch.  Surely this isn't intentional
> behavior, so I'm hoping that something trivial is misconfigured to fix
> this?
>
> thanks!
>
> --

Do you know how to read?