desktop popup menu takes forever to appear

Lonni J Friedman netllama at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 03:45:56 CEST 2011

Greetings,
I'm a long time XFCE user (going all the way back to the 1.x days).
I've spent a chunk of timing looking through the list archives for
someone else reporting this problem, and found nothing.

I've been upgrading my various systems from Fedora14 to Fedora15, and
in every case, the time to render the desktop popup menu (right
clicking on the desktop) takes many seconds (from 3 to as many as 8
seconds).  The menu appeared instantaneously in Fedora14.  What I've
noticed in Fedora15, is that immediately after clicking the right
mouse button, I see the disk getting hit hard, as if the menu content
is getting (re)generated from scratch.  Surely this isn't intentional
behavior, so I'm hoping that something trivial is misconfigured to fix
this?

thanks!

L. Friedman                                    netllama at gmail.com
LlamaLand                       https://netllama.linux-sxs.org