[Bulk] Unmounting optical disk

Marr wm33 at att.net
Wed Oct 5 17:09:12 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 05 October 2011 01:38:54 Stephane Ascoet wrote:
> Hi, you can disable automount feature in Xfce too... It's a way to solve
> the problem...

Hi Stephane,

Thanks for the input. While that's a good suggestion for some, it doesn't help
me. I'm not the author of the thread you're referring to, but in my case,
optical media do not auto-mount, so I guess I already have it disabled, if in
fact it defaulted to enabled on my Slackware 13.1 installation -- I really
cannot recall. (Frankly, I really don't ever want anything to auto-mount.)

But when I do use the Xfce desktop icon to _mount_ an optical disc (which I do
maybe 30% of the time, using the command-line the other 70%), I should be able
to use that same desktop icon to _unmount_ the disc without ejecting it, IMHO.

Regards,
Bill Marr