Pop-up-menu

Schneidhuber, Bruno b.schneidhuber at pharmatechnik.de
Fri May 27 14:25:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

stupid me! I copied the wrong line. I ment of course "~/.config/menus/xfce-applications.menu".
But I copied your files in the right directories to see what happens.

And now I think I know what I couldn't make clear.

The items of your main-menu appear in the application-sub-menu of the pop-up-menu. (I hope the name of the sub-menu is application, I translated that from the German "Andwendung".)
But I have to change the whole pop-up-menu, not only a sub-menu. More accurate, I have to replace the whole pop-up-menu with the contents of the main-menu.

Thanks again for the answer

Bruno Schneidhuber
Teamleiter Entwicklung Systemintegration

PHARMATECHNIK GmbH & Co. KG
Geschäftsstelle Passau, Neuburger Straße 128, 94036 Passau

Tel.: +49 851 98865-0, Fax: +49 851 98865-198
b.schneidhuber at pharmatechnik.de,<mailto:b.schneidhuber at pharmatechnik.de> www.pharmatechnik.de<http://www.pharmatechnik.de>

Am Donnerstag, den 26.05.2011, 19:57 +0200 schrieb Mathias Brodala:

Hi.

Schneidhuber, Bruno, 26.05.2011 10:32:
> thanks for your answers! But all replays target to the main-menu - I
> think. I already created a .config/menus/xfce-desktop-menu.menu, but
> this had only an effect to the main-menu. The pop-up-menu was not
> changed at all.

Not sure where you have the filename "xfce-desktop-menu.menu" from. In
the HowTo I mentioned the main menu is built from a file called
"xfce-applications.menu" so this is where you start. Just follow the HowTo.

I did it that way for myself after hesitating to upgrade Xfdesktop from
4.6 to 4.8 for a long time. After some fiddling I had exactly the menu I
wanted which included hiding default menu items and creating custom
categories to be sure no other application suddenly pops out in my submenus.

I’ve attached an excerpt of my ~/.config/menus/xfce-applications.menu,
my ~/.local/share/desktop-directories/games.directory and one .desktop
file from that category. It should help you see the connection between
these files.

Regards, Mathias

PHARMATECHNIK GmbH und Co. KG
Münchner Strasse 15
D-82319 Starnberg

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Starnberg
HRA: 64434, HRB: 66369, Amtsgericht München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Detlef Graessner, Dr. Mathias Schindl, Stephan Jörgens