xfce4-notes woes continue

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Sat Feb 19 17:06:06 CET 2011

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011, Mike Massonnet wrote:

> Hi Duke,
>
> 2011/2/9 Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net>:
> > I thought that I had it solved! NOT...
> >
> > Each fresh boot-up for the last 2-3 days shows:
> >
> > dnormandin at select-man:~$
> > ps ax | grep notes
> >  1795 ?        Rs    36:57 xfce4-notes
> >  2620 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto notes
> >
> > But no Icon in the panel or the Notification Area. Could this be a
> > "Panel" issue, as opposed to simply a "Notes" problem?
>
> Sorry, I didn't have time to look at this, but in the end it looks
> like a problem with the DBus configuration on your system and you are
> not the only one. In fact I found another user with the same DBus
> problem (on another program) with the same log that you posted
> initially:
> http://lists.yorba.org/pipermail/shotwell/2011-February/001756.html
> http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce/2011-February/028259.html
>
> I suggest you to find a fix for this through a dedicated Forum or the
> Xubuntu mailing-list, or simply, as cruely suggested, by the
> reinstallation of your system.

Thanks for the reply, Mike! I'll see what I can accomplish short of
re-installing the system, which sounds to be _way over the top_
considering that XFCE-Notes had been working on the same box for over
6 months without a single problem - until I upgraded Xubuntu to the
most recent version. DBus it is ...
--
Duke