xfce4-notes woes continue

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 10:31:26 CET 2011

Hi Duke,

2011/2/9 Duke Normandin <dukeofperl at ml1.net>:
> I thought that I had it solved! NOT...
>
> Each fresh boot-up for the last 2-3 days shows:
>
> dnormandin at select-man:~$
> ps ax | grep notes
>  1795 ?        Rs    36:57 xfce4-notes
>  2620 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto notes
>
> But no Icon in the panel or the Notification Area. Could this be a
> "Panel" issue, as opposed to simply a "Notes" problem?

Sorry, I didn't have time to look at this, but in the end it looks
like a problem with the DBus configuration on your system and you are
not the only one. In fact I found another user with the same DBus
problem (on another program) with the same log that you posted
initially:
http://lists.yorba.org/pipermail/shotwell/2011-February/001756.html
http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce/2011-February/028259.html

I suggest you to find a fix for this through a dedicated Forum or the
Xubuntu mailing-list, or simply, as cruely suggested, by the
reinstallation of your system.

Kind Regards
--
Mike