Feature suggestion: Automatic handling of monitor hotplugging

Peggy Kutyla peggy.kutyla at laposte.net
Wed Dec 21 17:47:06 CET 2011

Hi,

Until this is done (or not) you could write your own script and launch
it via alt+F2 or a custom launcher.
Here's mine:

LAPTOPSCREEN=LVDS-1
EXTSCREEN=VGA-1

xrandr -q | grep -q "$EXTSCREEN connected"
then
	xrandr --output $EXTSCREEN --auto --off
	xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p /panels/panel-0/autohide -s true
	notify-send -i video-display " " "ViewSonic unconnected"

else
	xrandr --output $EXTSCREEN --auto --right-of $LAPTOPSCREEN
	xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p /panels/panel-0/autohide -s false
	notify-send -i video-display " " "ViewSonic configured"
fi