"Automatically save session on logout" doesn't

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Mon Dec 19 12:12:41 CET 2011

I have just done a clean installation of xubuntu 11.10, this is to
replace my much upgraded xubuntu 11.04, I'm now steadily working my way
through all the reconfiguration.

How do you save the session?  There used to be a box you could tick on
at logout but it's no longer there.  There is a box to tick in the
"Session and Startup" configuration but using this seems very clumsy to
me as I want to save my session once only and then, whenever I reboot,
get back to my 'standard' layout which I have saved once.

.... no to mention that ticking the "Automatically save session on
logout" box doesn't seem to work anyway.  I just tried it with two
terminal windows running and they didn't reappear when I logged in
again.

So, is this a bug, or have I misunderstood what it does?

--
Chris Green