Possible to fade-in and fade-out the windows and panels?

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 19:42:45 CEST 2011

Hi Pieter,

2011/8/15 Pieter Barendrecht <pieter at redpanda.nl>:
> Hi, I wondered whether it is possible (using XFWM) to fade-in new
> windows and (hidden, i.e. opacity 0) panels, and fade out the window
> when minimzing or closing it? I couldn't find the appropriate settings
> in the Window Manager Tweaks dialog, but according to someone it should
> be possible with some tweaking... Thanks!

Try this:
xfwm4-settings -> Focus -> Focus follows mouse (with delay set very short)
xfwm4-tweaks-settings -> Compositing -> Opacity of inactive windows

now all inactive windows can be semi-transparent by default and you
can point your mouse over any window in order to get it focused and
opaque.

Of course there is no such feature to do a smooth fade in/out, if this
is what you are looking for than you can install Compiz.

--
Mike