Wifi connection in Mint 9 Xfce

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 17:34:05 CEST 2010

Hi Neil,

2010/10/25 NW <senex at drofle.com>:
> When I installed Mint v 7 I had no trouble with the wireless connection for the Internet. I started it linking via wifi connection from my Netgear router. Later when I connected to the router using a cable it all just worked.
>
> Recently I installed Mint 9 (64 bit) and this time I connected to the router via cable first. Today, for the first time, I have tried to use the wifi and it does not connect. I do not seem to find the same connection program and I am somewhat lost. I have looked around via Google but to no avail.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Well no, unless you are lucky and a Mint user subscribed on this list
can help you. I invite you to join a forum or mailing list  oriented
for the Mint distribution.

If can be it has nothing to do with the distribution. So a suggestion
might to to look at your routers status to see if your MAC address is
still marked as logged in, if so, simply restart your router, or
remove the line manually from the router if possible.

> Neil Winchurst

Kind Regards
--
Mike