naming of virtual desktop panels

Gilbert Sullivan whirly.gig at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 14:45:22 CEST 2010

On 10/18/2010 07:54 AM, Eliasson, Peter wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Thanks for you answer. However I can not find the exact menu you talk about.
>
> I found this though, under:
> Desktop menu ->  settings ->  workspace settings
> (desktop menu being the menu I get when right clicking on the background)
>
> I can rename the windows. However, the name is not visible on screen, it will just be displayed if I move (using send-to) an application from one window to another. There will then be a list of all workspaces available that has the names I gave them. I am not using this feature (send-to) often so it doesn't help much.
>
> I would like to always see the names of my workspaces in the panel where they reside.

I'm not sure about your version of Xfce and attendant panels, but in min
you can right-click on the workspace switcher, choose Properties, and
select to have the names of the workspaces shown (instead of the
"thumbnails" of the applications running on the workspaces) by ticking
the "Show workspace names" checkbox.