ANNOUNCE: xfce4-power-manager 0.9.98 released

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Thu May 20 08:14:37 CEST 2010

On mer., 2010-05-19 at 23:35 +0200, Ali Abdallah wrote:
> You need polkit authorization, i copy/paste my local configuration which
> are in
>
> /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/org.freedesktop.upower.pkla
>
> [Local Users]
> Identity=unix-user:ali
> Action=org.freedesktop.upower.*
> ResultAny=yes
> ResultInactive=no
> ResultActive=yes

I do have polkit authorization:

corsac at hidalgo: pkaction |grep upower
org.freedesktop.upower.hibernate
org.freedesktop.upower.qos.cancel-request
org.freedesktop.upower.qos.request-latency
org.freedesktop.upower.qos.request-latency-persistent
org.freedesktop.upower.qos.set-minimum-latency
org.freedesktop.upower.suspend

inherited from upower policy:

corsac at hidalgo:
cat /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.upower.policy
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE policyconfig PUBLIC
 "-//freedesktop//DTD PolicyKit Policy Configuration 1.0//EN"
 "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/PolicyKit/1.0/policyconfig.dtd">
<policyconfig>
  <vendor>The DeviceKit-power Project</vendor>

<vendor_url>http://hal.freedesktop.org/docs/DeviceKit-power/</vendor_url>
  <icon_name>system-suspend</icon_name>

  <action id="org.freedesktop.upower.suspend">
    <description>Suspend the system</description>
    <description xml:lang="it">Sospende il sistema</description>
    <description xml:lang="pl">Wstrzymanie systemu</description>
    <description xml:lang="sv">Försätt systemet i
vänteläge</description>
    <message>Authentication is required to suspend the system</message>
    <message xml:lang="it">È richiesto autenticarsi per sospendere il
sistema</message>
    <message xml:lang="pl">Wymagane jest uwierzytelnienie, aby wstrzymać
system</message>
    <message xml:lang="sv">Autentisering krävs för att försätta systemet
i vänteläge</message>
    <defaults>
      <allow_inactive>no</allow_inactive>
      <allow_active>yes</allow_active>
    </defaults>
  </action>

Looking at dbus-monitor, it seems that xfpm never tries to ask
ConsoleKit about authorization (dbus-monitor --system | grep ConsoleKit
doesn't return anything when xfpm starts)

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis