ANNOUNCE: xfce4-power-manager 0.9.98 released

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Wed May 19 23:35:22 CEST 2010

You need polkit authorization, i copy/paste my local configuration which
are in

/var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/org.freedesktop.upower.pkla

[Local Users]
Identity=unix-user:ali
Action=org.freedesktop.upower.*
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=no
ResultActive=yes

Similarly you have to do for udisks if you want xfpm to handle spin
down/up hard disks (Action=org.freedesktop.udisks.*)

You can use groups... see "man pklocalauthority" for more details.

Cheers,
Ali.