ANNOUNCE: Task Manager 0.5.90 (1.0.0 beta1) -- now looking for first beta testers

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Tue May 11 10:10:39 CEST 2010

2010/5/11 Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com>:
> Hello Mike
>
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please post your thoughts and comments, I more than interested into
>> hearing how you like the new interface.
>>
> Several comments below:
> - is there a reason for not showing the percentages in the CPU and
> Memory "progress" bars?  It's a bit disconcerting to look top at the
> bar and then quickly move down to see teh percentage.

The progress bars will be removed in favor of monitors / graph usages.
The CPU usage was never written in the progress bar however (only
inside a tooltip.) Have a look at the roadmap.
http://wiki.xfce.org/roadmaps/taskmgr

> - would you consider restoring the "stop/continue, terminate, kill"
> order in the context-menu? Intuitively the first possible action is to
> stop the process, then terminate or kill.

No problem, although from off head I have put Terminate first because
it is the most useful entry.

> - perhaps implement an option to show the name of the process only (as
> previously).

That will be done, I kinda jumped over and forgot about it.

--
Mike