ristretto does not display images

Angel Tsankov fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Thu Mar 25 15:01:53 CET 2010

Russell Dickenson wrote:
> On 24 March 2010 08:41, Angel Tsankov <fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> How can I find out why ristretto does not display image files although there
>> are a number of libpixbufloader-*.{so,la} files under
>> /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Angel Tsankov
>>

> Can you please provide more information, which may help others help you?
>
> For example -
>
> * What distribution are you using, and what version of that distribution?

I'm using Linux from Scratch, no specific version.
> * What version of Ristretto are you using?

0.0.22
> * If you start Ristretto from a terminal, do you get any errors or
> warnings? If you do, send them to the list.

No, I do not get any error or warning messages.
> * Are there any image formats which Ristretto *IS* displaying - e.g.
> JPG, PNG etc?

I tried BMP, GIFF, JPG and PNG without any success.

As I've already heard that ristretto should display all images that GTK+
can handle, here's some info on GTK+:
it's version 2.18.9 and was built without libjapser.

Angel Tsankov