Artwork, Merchandising, Corporate Design

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Fri Mar 5 15:50:53 CET 2010

Am Tue, 2 Mar 2010 00:41:58 +0100
schrieb Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I attach a sticker[0][1] and I can do a little more but I need
> inspiration.
>
> [0]
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2670286/xfce-artwork/xfce-banner/xfce-4.8-banner.png
> [1]
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2670286/xfce-artwork/xfce-banner/xfce-4.8-banner.svg
>
> If we were to start keeping artwork related stuff I think the best
> place is git with wiki pages. Concerning the buttons from the website,
> they all come from the Tango icons package AFAICT. Regarding the other
> stuff (the old xfce-artwork tarball, licensing issues) I have not much
> to say.

I strongly second the suggestion of having a git repository for artwork.
The current workflow of doing the "who has some artwork" for any event
is rather flawed. And adding pages to the wiki for discussions and
documenting where and how to use these files would be the obvious
addition to that.

I suggest we could keep a text file listing files and licensing
information in the repository so that it is instantly clear how files
can be used. And it is possible to progressively look into replacing
unfinished or problematically licensed files.

Cheers,
    Christian