Artwork, Merchandising, Corporate Design

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Wed Mar 17 00:02:57 CET 2010

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 15:50:53 +0100, Christian wrote:

>Am Tue, 2 Mar 2010 00:41:58 +0100
>schrieb Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I attach a sticker[0][1] and I can do a little more but I need
>> inspiration.
>>
>> [0]
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2670286/xfce-artwork/xfce-banner/xfce-4.8-banner.png
>> [1]
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2670286/xfce-artwork/xfce-banner/xfce-4.8-banner.svg
>>
>> If we were to start keeping artwork related stuff I think the best
>> place is git with wiki pages. Concerning the buttons from the
>> website, they all come from the Tango icons package AFAICT.
>> Regarding the other stuff (the old xfce-artwork tarball, licensing
>> issues) I have not much to say.
>
>I strongly second the suggestion of having a git repository for

+1.

I really want this repository as well to organise, keep and improve the
existing efforts and to make it easier for others to use them.

For the Chemnitzer Linux days Fabian mentioned, I created a Xfce
sticker, usable e.g. for notebooks. The SVG is available at
http://uvena.de/tmp/xfce-laptop-sticker.svg
under the Creative Commons License, Share Alike.
This SVG should go into the repository as well. We used it to print
around 170 stickers for the event and the visitors like to pick them
and stick them on their notebooks or whatever. We 'only' around 20 of
these 170 stickers are left.

Jannis, Auke, could you create the repository?

>I suggest we could keep a text file listing files and licensing
>information in the repository so that it is instantly clear how files
>can be used. And it is possible to progressively look into replacing

Very goog and important idea.

Regards,
Enrico