xfce sound

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sun Jan 31 06:29:45 CET 2010

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:10:42 pm Dirk Jakobsmeier wrote:
> I´ve installed the 4.6.1 version over my kubuntu distribution (will use
> xubuntu in the future)

I can't find it now, but I am sure that it is there.

I am the opposite to you.  With KDE, when I typed into the appfinder, each
consecutive character that matched a suggestion would ring a bell.  It drove
me nuts!  I found an Xfce setting that turned off that and all similar sounds,
without turning off sound generally.

The rest is OT - sorry.

I am running Mandriva/KDE with Xfce as a second desktop.  It is an absolute
mess.  I have just discovered Mandriva's equivalent to Xubuntu,
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/XfceLive  It is a really solid desktop, and I
propose to install it as my default soon.  Its email client is Claws, which
seems to be every bit as good as Kmail, and close enough that the transition
will be easy.

Doug.