xfce sound

Dirk Jakobsmeier dirk.jakobsmeier at web.de
Sun Jan 31 10:36:44 CET 2010

Hello Doug,

Am 31.01.2010 06:29, schrieb Doug Laidlaw:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:10:42 pm Dirk Jakobsmeier wrote:
>> I´ve installed the 4.6.1 version over my kubuntu distribution (will use
>> xubuntu in the future)
>>
> I can't find it now, but I am sure that it is there.

So this is exactly what i wanted to know. It is possible to turn it on.

> I am the opposite to you.  With KDE, when I typed into the appfinder, each
> consecutive character that matched a suggestion would ring a bell.  It drove
> me nuts!  I found an Xfce setting that turned off that and all similar sounds,
> without turning off sound generally.

I won´t be worried because of this, as for sure i´m a little crazy
anyway. If it´s to much i will also disable it again.

> The rest is OT - sorry.
>
> I am running Mandriva/KDE with Xfce as a second desktop.  It is an absolute
> mess.  I have just discovered Mandriva's equivalent to Xubuntu,
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/XfceLive  It is a really solid desktop, and I
> propose to install it as my default soon.  Its email client is Claws, which
> seems to be every bit as good as Kmail, and close enough that the transition
> will be easy.

I tried Mandriva several years ago but did not get the feeling for this
distribution. Perhaps it´s feeling better nowadays so i´ll give it a try
next time. As i use an OpenExchange server kontact was really good but
not with akonadi anymore. I now use thunderbird with addons.

Thank you for your informative answer.

--
Dirk