xfce sound

Dirk Jakobsmeier dirk.jakobsmeier at web.de
Sat Jan 30 12:10:42 CET 2010

Hello all,

this is my first mail to this list, so forgive the disturbance ;-)).

After having some bad trouble with kde (after over 10 years) with the
new akonadi service (don´t accept to having it in use) i decided to use
xfce again. I tried this several times bevor but always rejected it
because of some missing features (only my opinion).

I´ve installed the 4.6.1 version over my kubuntu distribution (will use
xubuntu in the future) and added the cairo-dock (i really need some eye
candy). I´ve looked for the ability to have system sounds. I´ve found
several informations about this but did not get a clue if this is
possible (beyond the login and logout sound or using startskripts for
the apps). If not ok, but if yes i need a hint how to do this. I read
about a hack on this but did not find a working solution.

So could you please only tell me if it is possible or if not?

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Altogether xfce feels absolute handily. It works smooth, i found all the
needed apps and it does not eat all my resources or forces me to use
services i don´t want to run on my workstation. Thanks to the developers
for this desktop.

--
Dirk